Please consider joining me at the Practising Law Institute’s Corporate and Ethics Institute 2011 in Chicago on May 12-13, 2011. The schedule includes:
- Hot Topics and Global Trends in Compliance and Ethics
- Standards and Procedures: The First Element of an Effective Program
- Effective Communications and Training
- Board Oversight and Program Structure: Responding to the Guidelines’ Revisions
- Social Media (what does it mean for compliance and ethics?)
- How to Perform an Effective Audit/Measuring the Effectiveness of Your Compliance Program
- Compliance Risk Assessments
- Helplines, Investigations and Responding to Misconduct
- International Compliance Issues and Dealing with Third Parties
Additionally there will be plenty of opportunity to network with other compliance professionals and, frankly, that can be the best part of such programs. There is so much to be learned from your peers!
As the PLI notes, no matter how large or small your company (or client), paying careful attention to corporate compliance and ethics is not optional.
- The regulatory environment has grown riskier and more complex for every organization, and smaller companies are not exempt.
- Economic conditions are creating a host of challenges for compliance and ethics programs. In many companies, compliance programs are facing budget and staff cuts, and are expected to do more with less.
- As “best practices” continue to develop, the expectations of government regulators have correspondingly been raised.
- The public and the press will accept no excuses for corporate failures to follow legal requirements and conduct business with integrity.
Yes, I am on the faculty again this year, addressing the board oversight issues. Hope to see you there!